As wedding venue owners, we have the pleasure of working with newly engaged couples from the start of their journey to the end. We have gathered lots of information from our brides on how to find a wedding dress for their Knoxville Tennessee area wedding. Knoxville Wedding Dress Inspiration 2023, tell us in the comments where you purchased your wedding dress. We would love to share more tips directly from our brides’ point of view.
RiverView Family Farm’s couples are excited to take photos at our lakeshore with glistening water behind them and gorgeous greenery all around. These images are so romantic. While we think every style of dress would be beautiful at RiverView Family Farm, our brides often select their gown style based on how they feel it works with their wedding design vision at our wedding venue. This is why most couples will choose their wedding venue before they commit to anything else, including what they will wear on their wedding day.
Here are some helpful tips you should know before you try on a wedding dress.
Once you have selected your wedding venue, it’s time to contact local wedding dress shops. Most experts recommend selecting your wedding dress 8 months before your wedding date in order to have plenty of time for shipping, fittings, and alterations. We sincerely hope that you will consider a locally-owned wedding dress boutique. As you scroll past our helpful tips, you will see a list of great local wedding dress options. If we missed a Knoxville area wedding dress option, please let us know.
- Develop your entire wedding budget before you start spending. Having a well-thought-out budget and sticking to it is a must.
- Our brides have told us that they brought shoes similar to what they plan to wear on their wedding day, or the exact shoes they plan to wear. Whether you are a platforms, Converse or cowboy boots kind of bride, you want the dress you pick to fit perfectly with your shoes.
- Our brides suggest bringing a few different types of undergarments with you when you shop for your wedding gown. Feeling secure and well-supported under certain dresses will give you a far better idea if one dress has an edge over another.
- Always call ahead and make an appointment. Wedding dress shops often have “by appointment only” policies or they strongly recommend an appointment. Wedding dress shopping can be one of the most wonderful experiences, you don’t want to be disappointed by arriving at a shop that is closed or too busy to assist with a walk-in appointment.
- During your wedding planning process, you are the main character in the love story. You want to feel excited and supported by those you have around you, especially while trying on your wedding dress. So, limit who you bring along to your closest, most supportive friends and family.
- Finally, our brides’ top tip for your dress shopping is to find a dress you will feel comfortable wearing for hours. Ask yourself if this dress will be great for your ceremony walk, an hour of walking all around your venue for photos, reception dancing, dinner, and the exit you have planned. You want to be thoroughly confident in this dress throughout the day. If a dress is too heavy or the beading or fabric irritates you, or you might be too hot or cold (depending on the weather), these are all reasons to say no to that dress.
We hope you found this information helpful. Below is a list of locally owned Knoxville area wedding dress shops to check into as you look for your dream wedding dress. If you have any advice to share on wedding dress shopping or wedding dress shops we should add to our list please comment. If you are engaged or newlywed, we would love to see the dress you chose and hear what made that dress, THE dress for you. Tag us in your pictures on social media or drop us a comment. We wish you all the best as you enjoy your time being engaged! If you have questions about RiverView Family Farm Wedding please click here to fill out our contact form, email, or give us a call. We can’t wait to hear all about your love story! Cheers
Loveliest Bride, 822 Sevier Ave., Knoxville, TN 37920
Mr. & Mrs. Connolly along the banks of the Fort Loudon Lake, RiverView Family Farm, Knoxville, TN. Image captured by the talented AC Goodman Photography.
White Lace and Promises, 8025 Kingston Pike Suite 4, Knoxville, TN 37919
The Gilded Gown, 8435 Kingston Pike, Knoxville TN 37919
Lillian Ruth Bride, 102 W Summit Hill Dr SW, Knoxville, TN 37902